10 Earthquake Rules
- If you get injured, you will not be able to turn off the gas or evacuate. Take sufficient measures against falling furniture and objects!
- If you feel a tremor, turn off the gas right away. Make a habit of not placing flammable items near fire sources!
- Doors may not open due to vibrations. Open doors to secure an exit route for evacuation!
- Even if a fire breaks out, it is safe before it spreads to the ceiling. Do not panic and extinguish the fire!
- Jumping out of buildings can cause injury. Keep a cool head when making decisions!
- Narrow alleys, block walls, and vending machines can topple over. Get out of the way quickly!
- Work together within the community to create an emergency relief system!
- Know the natural environment surrounding your place of residence and be careful of secondary disasters such as landslides!
- Evacuation by car is dangerous and impedes emergency dispatch. Have the presence of mind to follow the rules!
- Use portable radios, etc. to obtain correct information, and act appropriately without being misled by incorrect information.
Inquiries regarding information on this page
- General Affairs Division, Disaster Prevention Section