Niseko Rules (2019-2020)
Niseko respects the freedom of snow-covering and has a serious interest in your safety. Please observe the following rules for a safe run.
1. You must leave the gate outside the ski course.
2. Don't slip out of the ski course through the rope.
3. It is strongly recommended to wear a helmet and avalanche beacon outside the ski course. This is mandatory from the winter of 2020-2021.
4. Do not go out of the ski course when the gate is closed.
5. Never enter restricted areas. Search and rescue and investigation activities are excluded.
6. Skiing outside the ski course is prohibited only for elementary school students.
-Expenses (minimum 100,000 yen) will be charged for rescue searches outside the ski course.
・ Those who violate the above rules may be denied access to the ski resort due to confiscation of lift tickets or suspension of sales.
・ Many accidents occur during bad weather such as snowstorms. Don't overtrust knowledge, technology and tools. Always beware. Follow the patrol instructions. Be careful of cracks and falling trees. Snowy mountains are not 100% safe.
・ Niseko Avalanche Information is official local information, and the Niseko Avalanche Research Institute predicts the risk of the day using a unique method.
・ We strongly recommend carrying avalanche beacons, probes, and excavators. These tools may save not only you but also the life of your friends in the unlikely event.
Secretariat: Niseko Town Office Commerce and Industry Tourism Division
Link on ski information
Inquiries regarding information on this page
- Commerce and tourism department