About absentee ballot
4. Voting by those who are under the age of 18 on the day of early voting
5. Voting by those who are staying at home or undergoing medical treatment at home due to a COVID-19 who meet certain requirements
When a person registered in the electoral list of Niseko Town votes for absentees at an out-of-town residence
1. Request for ballots and envelopes for voting
2. Issuance of ballots, envelopes for voting, and absentee ballot certificates
The absentee ballot certificate is in the absentee ballot envelope, but please do not open the envelope. If you open it, you will not be able to vote.
3. Methods and procedures for absentee voting
Please present the ballot and voting envelope before voting and submit the envelope containing the absentee ballot certificate without opening it. You cannot vote once you open it. Also, please do not fill out the ballot in advance. If you fill it out, you cannot vote.
4. Writing and enclosing ballot
5. Submit to absentee ballot manager
The submitted absentee ballot will be mailed to the Niseko Town Election Commission from the municipal election commission of your place of stay.
If you do not receive the ballot from the Niseko Town Election Commission by the voting end time on the voting day, your vote will be invalid, so please vote as soon as possible.
Those who are admitted (admitted) to a designated hospital, etc.
In this case, you will need to request an absentee ballot from the designated hospital.
This request can be made even before the notification date, so if you have a family member who is hospitalized, please let us know as soon as possible.
For details, please contact the person in charge at the hospital (admission).
Proxy entry system for absentee ballots by mail, etc.
(1) Persons with physical disabilities under the Welfare Law for the Physically Handicapped who are listed in the Handicapped Person's Handbook as having a first-class degree of upper limb or visual disability
(2) Persons who are war-injured under the Special Assistance Law for War-Injured Persons and who are listed in the War-Injured Person's Handbook as having a degree of upper limb or visual impairment ranging from special illness to second illness.
Voting for special mail related to COVID-19
In this case, it is necessary to request a ballot in advance.
Inquiries regarding information on this page
- Niseko Town Election Commission